R4R Interregional training on waste data monitoring, Tallinn, 3 December 2013
Get to know better your recycling performances
Considering the recycling target of 50% of municipal solid waste by 2020 set by the European Waste Framework Directive, it is crucial for local and regional authorities to have a clear and accurate view of their waste management performances. This can be achieved by using the right tools, in particular a consistent methodology on waste data and a monitoring tool allowing European comparisons.
| On 3rd December 2013, the City of Tallinn hosted a training on waste data monitoring, "Access to the Best Practices in Recycling and Waste Management".
This event was aimed at helping cities and regions to have a better
understanding of how to efficiently collect and manage waste data. In
particular, the R4R methodology for data collection was presented along
with the R4R online tool that enables to compare local waste
performances with other territories in Europe and provide good practices
based on R4R partners' local instruments. Participants were trained to
use the online tool and also benefited from the expertise of R4R
partners regarding data collection. This training event was followed
with R4R expert group meetings on 4 and 5 December (only for R4R
Please have a look at the programme for practical information and presentations.
You can also have a look at some pictures of the event on the Tallinn training gallery.
Training event agenda
- Welcome, Mr. Relo Ligi, Head of Tallinn Environment Department
- Tallinn’s recycling strategy, good practices and lessons learnt (ET) - Kertu Tiitso, Tallinn Environment Department
- Driving Waste Management towards Recycling. Estonia’s experience - Peeter Eek, Ministry of the Environment
- Joint presentation about R4R and benchmarking - Jean-Benoît Bel, ORDIF, Maarten De Groof, OVAM
- Round table “Raising Awareness of the Population Focusing on Action in Contact with Citizens”
Panel moderation and with introduction on “Communicating Waste” - Philippe Micheaux Naudet, ACR+
Panelists: Rauno Raal, Eesti Pandipakend (Estonian Deposit Packaging); Siret Kivilo, ETO (Estonian Recycling Organization); Kadi Kenk, “Let’s do it”; Claus Hammerich, Odense Renovation; Nele Kerkhofs, IOK Waste Management
- General presentation of the online tool - Janna Vandecruys, OVAM
- Training session on the online tool
1- Input data: a quick case study
2- Generating reports: examples
- R4R partners' presentations of their monitoring system: Catalonia, Odense, Tallinn, Southern Waste Region, Flanders, Estonian Environment Agency